I have been an athletic person my entire life, and was introduced to CrossFit in 2012. My brother had been doing it and was teaching some boot camp classes that I joined once I moved to St. Louis. These classes were outside so my sister-in-law got me to join CrossFit Gambit with her “for the winter” to stay in shape. Well, we were both hooked and never left! CrossFit has been awesome for my life and my career.
- Favorite thing about coaching?I love coaching someone to do things they didn’t think they could do—lifting a certain weight more than they thought, doing a movement for the first time, or moving more efficiently. It’s a good excitement to see and being able to help people improve their fitness level is always a great thing!
- First CrossFit WOD & when? I totally don’t remember what my first CrossFit WOD was, but it was January 2013. I remember that month had a lot of overhead squats.
- Least Favorite Benchmark? My least favorite benchmark workout is Kelly…it just sucks. I have done it once under 30 minutes and don’t care if I ever do it that fast again!
- Favorite Benchmark? Grace
- Which CrossFit Movement is totally in your wheelhouse? I would say that double-unders and hang power cleans are in my wheelhouse, but I know I still have a lot to learn!
- Favorite Cheat Meal? My favorite cheat meal would include Belgian waffles with ice cream on top, spaghetti and meatballs, pizza with bacon, pepperoni, green peppers, tomatoes, and Canadian bacon on top. There are lots of other things, but that’s what sounds good now.
- Favorite Supplement? The only supplement I take is Phormula 1 protein and Ignition, but I am just starting to take fish oil as well.
- Favorite CrossFit Athlete? Julie Foucher and Rich Froning would be my favorite CrossFit athletes. I think they are both good people as well as awesome athletes.
- Advice to new CrossFit Athletes? If you are new to CrossFit, I would just encourage you to stick with it and ask questions when things don’t make sense or you aren’t comfortable doing them. Listen to your body and rest when needed and make sure you MOBILIZE! Set small goals and challenge yourself to get there, but also make sure you are having fun doing it! The CrossFit community is one of the most addicting things about CrossFit J
- If you could have one super power what would it be? My super power of choice would be the ability to teleport. I have been saying this needs to be in existence for a while. It would make getting places so much easier.
- Tell us one thing about yourself not related to CrossFit? Random info about me: I carry floss with me everywhere, I’m slightly addicted to chapstick, my third toe on my left foot looks different than the third toe on my right foot, I have lived in 23 different houses, and I love coffee J
- Fittest Team of the Metro East – 2013 – Scaled
- HOA – 2013 – Rx
- Shredfest – 2013 – Elite
- D-Town Throwdown – 2014 – Scaled